Have an idea to build an LED fixture by yourself?
Thinking of replacing an existing LED fixture?
Thought of buying new LED lights?
Then you must find the correct power source for your LED’s.
Why do LEDs need a driver? LED drivers do transform blinking higher voltage current to low voltage, direct current. They also help to keep the flow of the voltage and current through an LED circuit at its rated level. So because of this reason LED’s need a driver or transformer to run smoothly. Is it a must to connect and LED to a transformer? All the LED bulbs which are using the 240V single-phase supply, require a transformer. According to the bulb type, the transformer/driver may be built in to the bulb casing or may be located externally. The main purpose of the transformer is to reduce mains voltage (240V) to the desired level relative to the bulb being powered (e.g. 5V or 12V or 24V).
Are LED transformers different from LED drivers? The difference between drivers and transformers are they differ from output and load compatibility. The vital difference between the two is that LED drivers give output DC while electronic halogen transformers give output 12VAC. How much current does a 5V LED draw? Every single RGB LED can pull up to 60mA from a general 5V supply. Which means nearly 2 Amps can be used from full meter. That's of course a peak rate, which undertakes that all the LEDs are on at full brightness. How many LED’s can you run with a driver/ transformer? The limit of LED’s that you can run with one transformer is decided by dividing maximum output voltage of the driver by the forward voltage of your LED(s).
These led transformers/drivers can power any of the led tapes or other led lights as long as the load voltage matches the voltage of your transformer. The transformer is fully enclosed, so it is safe to touch and can be installed in most locations.
- Input Voltage: AC 110V/230V
- Output Voltage: DC 5V constant Voltage
- IP rating: IP 20
- Applications These Transformers /Drivers are used to power low voltage (5V) LED bulbs, strip lighting, CCTV , 3D printers and many other devices that require DC5V constant voltage power supply.
- LED bulbs require a constant voltage to work properly. Sometimes a normal 5V transformer will work correctly with LED bulbs, but in some cases, the lifespan of the bulb will be reduced.
- CertificateCE : CE ,RoHS certification.
- Protection: Due to the light and screen setting difference, the items colour may be slightly different from the pictures.
- Please allow slight dimension difference due to different manual measurement.
- Item colour displayed in photos may be showing slightly different on your computer monitor since monitors are not calibrated same.
- Terms and Conditions applied please refer to our terms and conditions section for details information .