Have got so many questions in your mind without answers?
Are you with less awareness about these mechanisms?
Let’s try to clarify everything!
Do you know the difference between a power supply and a driver?
LED drivers are the LED power sources which can provide a constant-current (continuous) supply. But years ago, the AC/DC power supplies which provided a regulated constant-voltage were called as LED power supplies. So at present there’s no wrong if you use the terms, LED drivers and LED power supplies interchangeably. Is there any difference between a driver and a transformer? In summary both are exactly the same. Today some people use the term driver and others use the term transformer. It is the same product which performs similarly, can transform the mains 240V down to 12V or 24V to run your LED’s properly.
The type of the 24V DC transformer is step-down cause this kind of transformers convert 120VAC (Volt alternating current) to a lower voltage for use in push buttons.
Manufacturers can increase the reliability by using the 24V DC as a control voltage since these power supplies can be operated with limiting circuits to protect against short circuits. When there is a short, they simply shut down. These transformers reduce the need for the fuses and also the time we have to waste on replacing them.
They are still popular in audio, lighting, and sensor applications. We can see 24VAC transformers all around the mechanical rooms. Most of the time they are used to run thermostats, humidifiers, zone valves, demand signals for boilers, furnaces and many other units in the mechanical room. They are almost everywhere, used in medical, communication, automation, and etc.
- Product Name: LED Switching Power Supply
- Input: AC110V/220V
- Output: DC 12V / 24V / 5V (1-3W)3-14V; (4-7W)12-25V; (8-12W)25-45V; (18-25W)54-87V; (25-36W)75-135V; (50W) 120 - 160V
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Working temperature: -40~65 degrees Celsius
- Storage Temperature: -20C~60C
- Humidity: 20%~90%RH Non-Condensation
- Material: Metal, Electronic Parts, engineering plastic
- Connection: L, N: AC power input , COM: DC power output -V: DC power output +
- +V / ADJ: Adjust the output voltage (3%)
- High Voltage inside, do not remove the cover. The qualified service personnel only.
- 110V/220V is selected by switch before power on, please check the input voltage to avoid damage.
- No installation instruction, wiring cable, on/off switch, or screws come with this Unit. Professional installation of a qualified electrician is required.